Keep your filler safe & beautiful! For your best results, a prior consultation is highly recommended.
Let us know if you: smoke/vape, are immune-suppressed, take blood thinners or have a chronic illness. Your risks are different. Talk with your provider about the best choice.
BEFORE treatment, know these
Top 3 Do’s & Don’ts:
1) ✓ Wash your face! Makeup particles & bacteria can cause filler contamination-or even rare long term side effects. Cleanse skin & skip makeup for the cleanest prep.
2) ✓ Take Valtrex (if prescribed) to decrease risk of a cold sore breakout. Two tabs (2 grams) 1 hour before treatment; two more tabs 8 to 12 hours later.
3) ✓ Eat well and hydrate before you arrive, so you feel your best.
1) ✘ (NEW) Don’t plan to get a COVID vaccine 2 weeks before or after filler. Rarely, facial swelling has occurred in filler patients who got the vaccine. This seems to be temporary. No one knows if there is a “safe” period for receiving filler around the time of a COVID vaccination.
2) ✘ Don’t schedule any dental visits 2 weeks before or after filler. The oral bacteria released can cause filler nodules (lumps) --even weeks or months later.
3) ✘ Don’t take aspirin or ibuprofen for a week before filler; they increase the risk of bruising. And it’s best to stop fish oil & vitamin E too. Skip alcohol the day before treatment.
AFTER treatment, here’s how to
Get Your Best Results:
1) Manage swelling. This peaks in about 2 days and resolves in about a week. Sleep propped up if you can.
2) Monitor bruises. Small ones are normal. If it’s larger than a fingernail, email us a picture AND promptly call us so your provider can check in with you.
3) Remember, some bumpiness can often be felt at first. In 2-4 weeks, your filler will soften & feel more natural. If the bump is visible, firmly massage it daily.
4) Use ice if needed- a wrapped pack for 5 minutes, 3 times/day. Take Tylenol for soreness.
5) Keep it clean & treat it gently! For the rest of treatment day, don’t apply any makeup. Avoid sleeping on it for 6 hours. Sleep on your back on the first night, if you can. For treatment day & the next day, avoid alcohol, exercise & hot environments. For lip filler, no kissing for 24 hours.
Call immediately if you have:
a white or dark blotch
severe or worsening pain
nasal pain/sudden runny nose
one sided eye pain/watering
sudden vision change, facial numbness, confusion
These are signs of a blocked vessel and
need urgent treatment.
Call immediately if you see:
a beefy red, hot or angry area
any painful eruption or blister
These are signs of infection.
We are here for any concerns you have!